The University of South Florida abides by the ethical standards and principles of practice set forth by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
• Institutional advancement professionals, by virtue of their responsibilities within the academic community, represent their colleges, universities, and schools to the larger society. They have, therefore, a special duty to exemplify the best qualities of their institutions and to observe the highest standards of personal and professional conduct.
• In so doing, they promote the merits of their institutions, and of education generally, without disparaging other colleges and schools.
• Their words and actions embody respect for truth, fairness, free inquiry, and the opinions of others.
• They respect all individuals without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, ethnic or national identity, disability, or age.
• They uphold the professional reputation of other advancement officers and give credit for ideas, words, or images originated by others.
• They safeguard privacy rights and confidential information.
• They do not grant or accept favors for personal gain, nor do they solicit or accept favors for their institutions where a higher public interest would be violated.
• They avoid actual or apparent conflicts of interest and, if in doubt, seek guidance from appropriate authorities.
• They follow the letter and spirit of laws and regulations affecting institutional advancement.
• They observe these standards and others that apply to their professions and actively encourage colleagues to join them in supporting the highest standards of conduct.
Reprinted with permission from CASE.